Re: linux-kernel-headers foul-up

Well, I'm having serious problems with Mplayer, actually with mencoder
to be exact.
I have a load of automated 'vcr' recording scripts.
These scripts have always worked and have given out the right kind of files with the right kind of bitrate(given in the script) correct timings, correct audio...and so...in short...perfectly fine mpeg 4 recordings.

Right now running one of those scripts, so it's not me making a command mistake, result in an avi with the wrong bitrate, wrong timing/length(not running for the total given time), utterly messed up sound and so on.FUBAR.

This is with an mplayer/mencoder version compiled from CVS which worked fine before this header stuff came along last friday, last time i did a compile of the mplayer source was about 2 weeks ago.

So mencoder does run, but it has become useless. So apart from compile time this whole thing also messes up at least some already compiled programms.

Cheerios

csj wrote:

> Xine also fails to compile (ditto nvrec, a low overhead recording
> program).  My conclusion: all video applications are affected.
> This is as far as compiling goes.  I've seen no problems with a
> previously working program suddenly failing to run.

The original poster mentioned both mplayer and xawtv breakage, both i use because the server(mplayer self compiled)acts as a vcr aswell. Does this mean i should not recompile either one and leave them as is?