Re: Stable Debian == obsolete??

Chema wrote:
So the network installation of Sarge is my new bet.
> But I want to know, how really unstable is it?  I don't
> think most people could live with Woody, so is it test
the most used distro?

  server: I'd go with stable

  desktop: I'd go with unstable (that's what I use)

testing, unless it changed dramatically, is not for people to use (not sure what it is for (I know what it is claimed to be for but in reality it does not work that way at all)). perhaps less bugs get to testing than to unstable but they also take longer (sometime a lot longer) to fix... in the end you get the worst of both worlds

unstable is generally very stable, there are some problems when big changes are being made (major gcc, X, kde, gnome upgrades etc.). If something breaks it is usually fixed fairly soon.

	erik