Re: Browsers that *don't* support about:blank

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 01:30:21PM -0500, Mental Patient wrote:
> Tom wrote:
> >I filed a wishlist bug against "links" asking for it to support
> >about:blank (highly useful in frames pages as a default for the "body"
> >frame).
> >

> Thats an abuse of side effects and its usefulness is debatable. A highly
> useful default page in a frameset is one with relevant CONTENT. If you
> really want a blank page, create a blank page.

Okay, then the correct action is *not* to file a bug against links
asking it to support about:blank.  The correct action is to file a bug
against Mozilla asking it to remove support for it in HREF and frame SRC
arguments, correct?

As long as we care about being standards-compliant.....

/me ducks