Re: Stable Debian == obsolete??

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:49:52 +0000
John Peter <john.peter@netcabo.pt> wrote:

JP> Did you know you could instal it by only downloading less then 50Mb
JP> of files and using your installed Grub to start it ?
JP> After that you can download and install whatever you need or desire.

Yes, I did.  Thats was the new plan, network install of SARGE.  I downloaded the first cd becouse I want to deploy Debian on my work, home and local pub.  And I choose woody 'couse I wanted something useable (stable).  But turns out that the stable distro doesn't supports most of my hardware, and its pretty outdated.  And that "testing" is slowly updated, compared to "unstable".  And that "unstable" is perfectly useable.

Conclusion: wsa convinced me, so I'm going for SID, and customizing my own distro.  "Sid, yes Sid!!" (had to change it now that I'm not getting Sarge ;-).

Thanks again!