Re: Stable Debian == obsolete??

Chema wrote:
Hi there.

I recently decided to give Debian a try ...

But, of course, I'm pushing the reset, and starting again.  But would like some guidance this time.

The "Getting Debian" page mentions that:

A network installation of the "testing" distribution will provide you with the very latest packages, whereas any CD images of "testing" that you download would be outdated very quickly.

So the network installation of Sarge is my new bet.

Did you know you could instal it by only downloading less then 50Mb of files and using your installed Grub to start it ?
After that you can download and install whatever you need or desire.
Let me know if you would like some guidelines on that ...

Cheers

John