Re: linking to a DVD-drive

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 03:30, Luciano wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a Linux-Box with Distro Suse 7.3 on. I replaced the CDROM drive

Shouldn't you be asking this on a SuSE list, instead, then?

> with a new DVD-Drive. I have declared the new DRIVE in the file fstab
> and created the folder /media/dvd as mount-point. Comparing with the
> old CDROM mounting point I should make a dir on /dev folder or file,
> which points out the folder /media/dvd. The floppy mount-point links
> to /dev/fd0 and /media/floppy. How can I make a link for my new DVD?,
> is there an application or program to create easily this type of
> links?.

Links?  I think you are referring to /etc/fstab instead, since that
is where such mount points are defined, enabling you to say:
# mount /media/floppy

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition or
give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and break
things".
Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.