Re: Problem with exporting an X session

on Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:29:19PM -0800, Tim (timforpele@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have been having problems on my debian box regarding exporting a
> display from an HPOV server.

WTF is an HPOV server?

> I keep getting the Error: Can't open display: message. I am using ssh
> and have modified my sshd config file to allow X11 forwarding and have
> tried using the -X and -g arguments.  I have tried xhost + as well,
> all to no avail. Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks

Does the remote sshd allow X11 forwarding?  Is your $DISPLAY environment
set (it appears not to be).  Run 'ssh -v -C <remotehost>' for verbose
debugging output.

Peace.

    "I repeat, all planet leave is cancelled. I've just had an unhappy
    love affair, so I don't see why anybody else should have a good
    time."
    -- HHGTG