Re: Converting a chroot install into a real one

on Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 06:30:26PM +0000, David Goodenough (david.goodenough@btconnect.com) wrote:
> Apart from setting up lilo and using /sbin/start-stop-daemon.REAL
> instead of /sbin/start-stop-daemon what else needs to be changed when
> converting a chroot install into a real one?

Configuring lilo pretty much should be it.

I'm not familiar with the start-stop-daemon.REAL you refer to,
references?  I certainly don't use it in my own chroot install notes,
nor do I find it in the official Debian chroot install docs:

If you've installed into a distinct partition, you'd simply add the
appropriate LILO configuration to select this partition as the system
root, and boot into it.

Note precautions if this is a remote install/reboot.

   NPR:  Radio for between the ears:  http://www.npr.org/