Re: Mutt + Vim tricks (replace Nano)

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 12:24:34PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman
wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 at 04:43 GMT, Bill Moseley penned:
> > just need to become efficient enough with vim to feel like
> > it's not more work than using another editor.
>
> I love vim, but for the most basic tasks, it *is*  more work
> than using a simpler editor, like pico or dosedit.  The thing
> is, as soon as you add even the teensiest wrinkle to what you
> want to do, the full-featured editor wins, hands-down.

i'm surprised emacs fanatics aren't taking this as a thrown
gauntlet.  not disappointed, only surprised. :)

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux boss 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #40 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Why are ROOT LOGINS EVIL? The main problem is this: if you have
a handful of trusted people who know the root password, you
can't tell -- not just by looking in the logs -- which one
logged in as root! But if you have them log in as themselves
first, they can "su" or "sudo" to get root privileges, and then
the logs will reflect who they actually are. To facilitate
this, empty out /etc/securetty (see /etc/pam.d/login for info).