Re: Mutt + Vim tricks (replace Nano)

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 at 04:43 GMT, Bill Moseley penned:

> I could not agree more.  I just need to become efficient enough with
> vim to feel like it's not more work than using another editor.  With
> nano when I add some text to a paragraph and need to re-justify I just
> hit ^J.  In Vim I'm hitting Esc+g+q+a+p and then I forget to move back
> into insert mode and start typing.  Hard to believe that's how others
> are using vim.

I love vim, but for the most basic tasks, it *is*  more work than
using a simpler editor, like pico or dosedit.  The thing is, as soon as
you add even the teensiest wrinkle to what you want to do, the
full-featured editor wins, hands-down.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please