Re: What would happen to Challenge/Response if ...

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 06:47:22AM +0100, Karsten M. Self said
> on Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 03:43:46AM +1000, Rob Weir (rweir@ertius.org) wrote:
>
> > This is a good point, but it's not something I notice anymore.  I scan
> > through my lists and hit "y" on any spam in mutt; it passes the mail to
> > "sa-learn --spam" and moves it to my spam folder.  About the only thing
> > I see anymore in the Debian lists are CJK spam, so subjects like
> > ???????????????????????????????????? activate my "y"-reflex.
>
> There's a good procmail rule to catch the CJK charactersets.
>
> Hrm.  Original source is gone.  See:
>
>     http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Download/chinese-charset.procmail

Excellent, thanks.

> > I'm considering some further measure to bind to my magic "y"-key.
>
> Rather than tossing stuff straight at sa-learn, I just bin it to a
> folder over which sa-learn runs on a cron schedule.  Keeps instant load
> down, and still gets pretty good coverage.

That's a good idea.

> > Reporting to spamcop was high on the list, but I've heard rumours of
> > them accepting payoffs in exchange for ignoring some spamhauses, so we
> > shall see.
>
> *Really* ?
>
> Details?

Just rumours, unfortunately.  Like any good rumour, there is no
corroborating evidence.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:             Lon Horiuchi Rumsfield blackjack assassinate CIDA