Question about Rosegarden

Hello,
     Does anybody konw how to setup Rosegarden correctly?
     I have several problems that I can't resolve with the help of FAQ
     on Rosegarden.
     1. It requires JACK. How should I start it in
     order to make Rosegarden working. With a simple commandline like
     jackd -d alsa Rosegarden's sequencer coredumps at startup. Nothing like this happens if JACK is not started and in that case
     sequencer is OK. Is it mandatory to have jack running?
     2. Also I can't hear sound but soundfont is loaded (from
     /etc/modprobe.conf: "post-install snd-seq-oss sfxload
     /etc/midi/cm4fmt.sf2", where cm4fmt.sf2 is font from CD with
     drivers for my soundcard, Creative SBLive! 5.1). What goes
     wrong?
     3. During compilation compiler complains about wrong type casting
     in definitions of template and it's iterator (configure is OK and
     paths are set). Does anyone else have this problem? If so, I can post details about error.

     P.S. Debian Unstable, Rosegarden4, ALSA-0.9.1.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander                          mailto:shurali@mail.ru