Re: What would happen to Challenge/Response if ...

Rob Weir wrote:
> I'm dropping mail based on a DATA regexp.  I have the following line in
> /etc/postfix/ms-crap

    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the DATA regexp come after all the
DATA is already across the wire?  There has been some matter of debate on that
issue and the general consensus is that since the receiving MTA cannot
interrupt the DATA stream for a 550 one has to wait until that stream is done
before issuing it else run the risk of the other side sending it again.
Generally speaking Postfix is quite anal about the letter of the law^H^H^HRFC
so I'd presume it would wait until the DATA block is done.  If that is the
case saying the MTA "never sees it" is a misonamor.  I has seen it, it has
just rejected it.