Re: scsi emulation: atapi reset irq timeout and other nasties...

> TR <tony@the-sphere.org> [2003-10-22 20:52]:
>

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
> Garrett Patrick McLean <carrett@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
>
> > if anybody has any clue or ANY suggestion i haven't tried yet i'd
> > gladly take it....left my computer off over night to be sure it wasn't
> > overheating...still no luck. i've also tried unloading the ide-cd
> > module entirely....still the same problem.... HELP!!!!
>
>  Your problem looks to me a lot like one I had.
> Quote:
> Linux-2.4.xx includes a CDROM Packet interface in the
> 		IDE CD driver. For this driver libscg now includes
> 		support in pre-alpha status. Use cdrecord dev=ATAPI -scanbus
> 		to check for drives and e.g. cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,0 ....
> 		for writing. Note that this interface is not integrated into
> 		the standard libscg device naming scheme. Support for
> 		this interface has been included because it is the only
> 		way to use a PCCARD/PCMCIA writer - trying to use ide-scsi
> 		on a PCATA interface will cause a Linux kernel panic
> 		or will block all ATAPI drives.
>
> For more see
> http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/man/README/README.ATAPI
> I have been burning CDs without scsi.

accessing CDs without scsi should work.  However, if you wont to make
use of an usb device mouunted as scsi device, and at the same working
with a CDROM -- what then?

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |