Re: cdrecord problem recording audio CD

At Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:42:07 +0200,
Joachim Fahnenmueller wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 06:10:25AM +0800, csj wrote:
> > cdrecord -dao speed=8 dev=0,0,0 *.wav
> >

> Can someone tell me what this -dao option does? I have never used it,
> and IIRC older versions of cdrecord didn't have it. Before writing this,
> I read the manpage but I didn't understand it.

Please anyone correct me if I am wrong, but IIRC dao is disk at once,
which both writes to the disk and closes it so you can't write to it
again.

What the practical difference between the two is I am not sure, but I
think it is like flipping that little thingy on the corner of the old
floppy disks to make sure they cannot be written to anymore.  But I
could be very wrong.  Personally I have been able to use cds I have
not closed, and ones I have.

Don't know if this helps at all, but I hope so, bit of a case of the
blind leading the blind.....;-)

rohan