Upgrading to a new release

Basically, I have Debian Woody (3.0) CDs and since I
didn't want to burn a new CD for unstable, I went
ahead and installed it. Now what I want to know is,
how do I upgrade to unstable? Is it a matter of adding
APT::Default-Release "testing"; to /etc/apt.conf, and
adding unstable to the sources.list? Or will I have to
add a pin priority? One of the Debian Manuals
recommends
using dselect instead of APT to upgrade to new
releases, is this a better way of doing it? Or should
I just do an apt-get dist-upgrade? Any help would be
much
appreciated. Thanks!

=====
- Paul Burkett