Re: No X configuration offered during install of Woody (30r1)

Okay, learning every day :)

Op di 21-10-2003, om 19:26 schreef John Hasler:

> Olav Lavell writes:
> > Why would one ever install Exim in a _base_ system? To name just one.
>
> Exim isn't part of the Debian base.  Don't confuse 'base' with 'standard'.

Then how do I install a _base_ system?

I am honestly interested. This is something I have been after for a
while.

> > I am missing your point here - have no problems finding sources or
> > compiling them.
>
> > My remark was just to clarify that there are scenarios where keeping a
> > system up to date is not an easy task performed automatically.
>
> If you download the Debian source package, apply your changes to it, and
> then install it with dpkg it goes into the packaging system database.  This
> keeps the packaging system happy so that, for example, packages that depend
> on said package won't complain when you try to install them.

This sounds interesting too. I'm going to experiment with that.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Olav.