Re: No X configuration offered during install of Woody (30r1)

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 04:28:46PM -0700, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> Tom said on Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 03:49:11PM -0700:
> > I know it's not the Unix way, but it takes me 30 minutes to blow away my
> > HD and rebuild EVERYTHING (os, apps, user prefs).  If my system gets the
> > slightest bit untidy I just start over.
>
> Huh?
>
> a) Course it the Unix way.

Oh, kewl.  I had got the impression you guys did heroic things to save
/usr and crap when you changed the world.

> b) 30 minutes?  You can do way better than that, unless your hardware/network
> is really slow.  I'm down to approx. 8 minutes, and could probably go faster,
> but no longer need to.

I boot off the Woody CD, format/install/reboot, upgrade kernel,
reboot, aptitude upgrade to SID w/ local debs, run scripts.

Takes a while to run those debs.  [OTOH, partimage runs in about 2
minutes].  What corners can I cut?