Re: No X configuration offered during install of Woody (30r1)

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 12:43:35AM +0200, Olav Lavell wrote:
> Denbian still installs too much stuff I did not ask for. It's not a
> "minimal" distribution :)
>
> I did my first Debian install "right" after like 25 times. The install
> program has no more secrets for me :)

I'm still a noob, but I didn't really get past the "too much stuff"
phase until I kept a local mirror of my installed deps and installed
Debian literally ten times per day until I scripted it.

I know it's not the Unix way, but it takes me 30 minutes to blow away my
HD and rebuild EVERYTHING (os, apps, user prefs).  If my system gets the
slightest bit untidy I just start over.

It's the server farm philosophy -- machines are disposable.