Re: Verify that spamc is using Bayesian?

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 11:47, ScruLoose wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So I installed a Spamassassin 2.55 backport from
> http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian
> to my woody box not long ago, and I fed a bunch of spam and ham to sa-learn
> (chomp, chomp)...  finally got the corpus over 200 messages of each.
>
> And I put a line that says:  use_bayes 1  in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf
>
> But the headers on my spamc/spamd checked messages don't seem to say
> anything about the Bayesian test. If I run spamassassin -D --lint, I get
> a bunch of output that looks like it _is_ using the Bayesian test,
> including:
>   debug: bayes corpus size: nspam = 225, nham = 206
>   debug: tokenize: header tokens for *F = "ignore@compiling.spamassassin.taint.org"
>   debug: tokenize: header tokens for *m = " 1066492992 lint_rules "
>   debug: bayes token 'somewhat' => 0.0444444444444444
>   debug: bayes: score = 0.0444444444444444
>
> So I know that if I call spamassassin (as "spamassassin") it is using
> the bayesian test, but the question is: How can I tell whether
> spamc/spamd is using it as well? (since spamc doesn't seem to have a --lint
> option, etc.)
>
> There's an FAQ on SA's homepage that says something about making sure that
> spamd is running as the same user that sa-learn is run as. This makes sense,
> but how do I find out whether spamd is running as the user the mail is being
> delivered to... And does anyone know what the behaviour is by default for
> that package?

Assuming that you're running spamc from .procmailrc, it will be running
as the user the mail is delivered to. I'm not really sure if this will
affect anything, but you might also want to try restarting spamd.
"/etc/init.d/spamassassin restart" should do the trick.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837