Re: A newbie's confusion about GPL

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:07:12 -0700, Tom wrote:

[...]

> Maybe in 50 years the Muslims will be turning out killer cars
> like Germany or killer stereos like Japan.

Well, Muslims are turning out cars, and not just the killer cars
some rogue religious fundamentalists use to make their point.
You're just looking at the wrong place.  I suspect your keyboard
or mouse is manufactured in a Muslim majority state somewhere
north of Australia.

You can als note that the Arab peninsula was once the
technological center of the world.  The Renaissance was in part
possible because Arab scientists and scholars were able to
preserve the science, lore and superstitions of the ancient
Greeks and Romans.