Re: A newbie's confusion about GPL

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:58:32 -0700,
Tom <tb.31009.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031019055832.GA14696@comcast.net>:

> > ..for samples, google "SCO Linux".   SCO claims they have 350 and
> > Microsoft 25 000 "coders", and they are up against 20 million of us,
> >
> > the GPL and US copyright law, and, face it, we and they too all
> > knows _who_ is on the right side.  ;-)
>
> From http://www.personaldelphiagents.com/delphi_stats.html:
> (First place I could find)
>
> Currently, there are approximately 10,000,000 Developers worldwide in
> 2002:
>   - 1,000,000 Borland Users
>   - 2,000,000 Java Developers
>   - 2,000,000 C/C++ Developers
>   - 5,000,000 Visual Basic Developers

..and the 600 million or so Wintendo users.  ;-)

> I would "guess" the number of people who have ever modified and
> contributed open source to be on the order of 100,000 (at best).

..and the about 20 mill users who came here for a reason worth the
trouble of coming over. In my case, wrath, I lost 2 years work. ;-)

> > ..you saw the Twin Towers fall.  If _I_ need to let Osama and Saddam
> > walk or steamroll your ass in court to get the SCO, I will do just
> > that. Am I clear?
>
> Actually, I don't get it.

..you're American and Excused.  ;-)   To me, this is more important
than Sissy Boy George's Flawed Crusade on Muslims.

..as in;  "Where _is_ Osama and Saddam?".  And playing the
"west bank settler" games on the Iraqis, is _not_ gonna help.

> But my earlier post was probably less clear  :-)

..probably.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: