Re: A newbie's confusion about GPL

> ..for samples, google "SCO Linux".   SCO claims they have 350 and
> Microsoft 25 000 "coders", and they are up against 20 million of us,
> the GPL and US copyright law, and, face it, we and they too all knows
> _who_ is on the right side.  ;-)

>From http://www.personaldelphiagents.com/delphi_stats.html:
(First place I could find)

Currently, there are approximately 10,000,000 Developers worldwide in
2002:
  - 1,000,000 Borland Users
  - 2,000,000 Java Developers
  - 2,000,000 C/C++ Developers
  - 5,000,000 Visual Basic Developers

I would "guess" the number of people who have ever modified and
contributed open source to be on the order of 100,000 (at best).

> ..you saw the Twin Towers fall.  If _I_ need to let Osama and Saddam
> walk or steamroll your ass in court to get the SCO, I will do just that.
> Am I clear?

Actually, I don't get it.  But my earlier post was probably less clear
:-)