Re: More on spam

Dave Harding writes:
> Did you file a complaint with your ISP?  Did you investigate alternative
> providers?

Some of us have no choice as to providers.

> Did you write to ... your senator/congressperson (or any elected
> officials that are part of your government)?

They are certain to do more harm than good.

> If your technical solutions are not working to your needs why did you not
> attempt to use the protections/feedback methods provide by your society?

Society != government.  And at the moment my techical solutions are
working.  The social problem that needs attention now is getting SPF widely
implemented.

> Think and act my friend!  Unlike the virus you can pick up the phone and
> get try to find a sympathetic person inside the ISP.

No chance of that here.

> There are a million other technical stopgap solutions that can be
> implemented...

Every solution to every problem can be viewed as a stopgap in some sense.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)