Re: Mozilla Mail & Microsoft Outlook

On Thursday 16 October 2003 22:19, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 15:51, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 October 2003 02:45, Frederico Rodrigues Abraham wrote:
> > > 	Hi.
> > > 	Has anyone tried/succeeded in importing messages from Microsoft
> > > Outlook (.pst files) to Mozilla Mail?
> > > 	Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?
> >
> > The prefered way is to set up an imap server on a linux box, and set
> > outlook up to talk to it.  You can then copy all the contents of a pst
> > file (including directories) onto the imap server.
>
> Note that configuring an IMAP server isn't trivial, and documentation
> is sketchy, unless you want to spring for the O'Reilly book.

When I did it, "apt-get install courier-imap" just about did all I needed. I
certainly don't remember having to do any other playing about to get it to
work. Obviously if you want to use it to receive mail into the Maildirs that
it uses you have to do something with an MTA, but thats a different issue.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk