Re: OpenOffice & Debian Sid - foreign characters

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:34:28PM +0100, Celso Pinto wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> i installed OpenOffice 1.1 on my shiny new Debian Sid box ;-) and i
> have a big problem: on any OpenOffice application I cannot type
> Portuguese accentuated characters like "á è" etc although I can type
> in the Euro symbol "?". I don't have this problem on anyother
> application only OpenOffice and i was wondering if anyone has
> reported this issue before and got it solved somehow.

Open xterm (or any other ?term) and type 'setxkbmap us_intl' (or
probably the keyboardmap for Portugese) and then you can type á by
using ' and a etc.

I could not find out so far how to make this part of the normal X11
startup process.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "If ye love me, keep my commandments."       John 14:15