Re: How to set font size for replacment UI font in OpenOffice?

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 01:38:55PM +0800, Sukanta K. Hazra wrote:
> > After installing OpenOffice.org 1.1.0 the menu fonts were tiny and
> > unreadable.  I follow the instructions in the README and replace "Andale
> > Sans UI" with another font, but the font is still very tiny.
> >
> > How do I select the font size?
> >
> > I'm running Sid and using Icewm for my window manager.
>
> Did you find any solution to this? I have a similar setup and the menu
> fonts of openoffice 1.1.0 are tiny.

I'm not sure! ;)

I just started OO and they seem OK.  I can't remember if I found a
solution or if they just "got better" from an dist-upgrade.  Perhaps I
just got lucky with the font I selected for substitution.  I'm using
Verdana.

Still hinting doesn't look right -- some letters have fat spots.

Fonts drive me crazy.  I'd be willing to buy a lot of pints for someone
willing to sit down and explain how fonts all work. Of course, I might
not remember...

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org