Re: network visibility

ataraxia2500 wrote:
I've just upgraded to sid, everything is working fine except my winxp box
does not find my debian box on the network anymore though it used to find
it before the dist-upgrade, maybe it installed stuffz that changed some
confz on my debian machine. any idea what it might be?

thanx in advance

ps: i can still smbmount my winxp shared docs

Possibly in the dist-upgrade you chose to 'update' your config files for samba, changing the workgroup or disabling samba from being able to run with sensible parameters.

Check your smb.conf file and verify that the samba services smb and nmb are running.

--
Jacob
Ps, I'm CC-ing you because your post seemed pretty old, but didn't appear to have a reply.