Re: dselect conflicts

* Joachim Fahnenmueller
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:13:51PM +0200, Jon Haugsand wrote:
> > and a new testing version of XFree 3.2.
>
> 3.2 isn't _very_ new, is it? Did you install it as a deb package?

Yes, but from some non official looking http address.  The downloading
process gave me a lot of trouble though, as apt-get complained a lot
of double (or conflicting?) definitions in sources.lists.  I had to
disable some addresses when doing this.

> I suggest to use aptitude instead. It can e. g. show you what a given package
> depends on (press d) and which packages depend on it (r).

Thanks.  This was a lot better.

--
Jon Haugsand
  Dept. of Informatics, Univ. of Oslo, Norway, mailto:jonhaug@ifi.uio.no