Multi-headed X servers for multiple local users

Hi folks!

I have only one computer, and I'm usually stuck to it always. But then,
my girlfriend needs to get some work done every now and then too... The
appartment is small, and I have the hardware for a thin client, but
another mini-tower is just too large... We're trying to live in here as
well, you know... ;-)

So, I looked around, and I also had another possibility in mind, since I
have a Matrox G450 dual-head, I could connect another screen to it, and
a keyboard and mouse to the USB port. I had no idea on how to do it,
but as it turns out, others have had the same idea, and implemented it
with success, see e.g.:

http://www.itsopen.net/projects/x-hack/
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree-Local-multi-user-HOWTO/

Have anybody here done this?

Apparently, it is suggested and sometimes required that you use a
modified X-server. What are the chances that the patch would be
included in Debian....?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--