Re: Multi-headed X servers for multiple local users

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:30:06 +0200, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> I have only one computer, and I'm usually stuck to it always. But then,
> my girlfriend needs to get some work done every now and then too... The
> appartment is small, and I have the hardware for a thin client, but
> another mini-tower is just too large... We're trying to live in here as
> well, you know... ;-)

If you can afford it, I'd go for a cheap second-hand laptop, run X on
that and use X11 forwarding via ssh for the programs that need to run
on your main system.  Or you can have a ~/.xsession file on the laptop
for your gf that just ssh's to your main system and starts a window manager.

--
Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
steveSPAM@.patter.mine.nu  remove SPAM to reply