Re: [OT] CVS diff: hard vs. soft tabs

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 at 16:40 GMT, Roberto Sanchez penned:

> Another way is to *always* run your source files (and have your
> colleagues do the same) through indent before committing changes.  Of
> course, everyone needs to use the same options.  This ensures
> consistent formatting, regardless of the individual text editors in
> use.
>
> -Roberto

I believe there's a way to use cvs wrapper scripts (may have terminology
wrong) to automatically run an indent program on checkin. Probably a bad
idea for, say, python or make files, but maybe okay for
non-whitespace-dependent languages.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please