Re: NVIDIA driver and modconf/.deb

Hello

Frederico Rodrigues Abraham (<devotion@terra.com.br>) wrote:

>      I currently have 2 kernels installed on my machine. 2.2.20-idepci
> (default on debian cd) and a compiled 2.4.22 from www.kernel.org
>      I've tried to install the NVIDIA driver from www.nvidia.com from
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-4496.html and
> installed it for my 2.4 kernel. I have some questions...
>      - Is there a way to build the driver as a .deb, that is only
>      loaded
> on the kernel 2.4?

I don't know about the driver package drom nvidia, but I think there are
deb source packages somewhere (however, that ones in stable are already
quite old and probably won't work with the newest cards).

>      - Is there a way to build the driver for the 2.2 kernel too? It
> requires modinfo.h from the kernel source, but the
> kernel-source-2.2.20-woody does not have it, so i cant build the
> driver for this kernel...

Either configure the kernel source using the config file in /boot, or
use the kernel headers package instead the source package (probably
easier).

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--