Re: Holy Spam!

On Friday 03 October 2003 1:25 pm, Dan Anderson wrote:
>4) Anything with .pif, .bat, .exe attached is probably spam.  Quarantine
>it (unless it's from your somebody on your whitelist).

I'd add HTML email as well, Dan. FWIW, I'm suprised that HTML email requesting
support is sent to this listserv from people who aren't apparently newbies. I
just shake my head when I see this stuff in my spam folder.

Regarding autoresponses, the vast majority of junk I get during a virus storm
are autoresponses to faked header emails. It's a real irritant and shouts out
clueless email server admin.

Jeff Elkins