Re: does debian xfree support my video?

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 01:47, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> VEGH Karoly wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 07:08:23AM -0600, skippi wrote:
> >
> >>Greetings all.
> >>
> >>I have acquired a new motherboard.  It's an Intel D865GBF.  The onboard video
> >>controller is Intel Extreme Graphics 2, 82865G Graphics and Memory Controller
> >>Hub, 865G chipset.  Is this supported under the Xfree that comes with Woody?
> >>Or am I going to be having to do lots of building from source?  I have found a
> >

> > have a look at:
> >
> > http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/linux/graphics.htm
> >
> > It says you'll need X 4.3, but it also said this to my i845G VGA,
> > and yet it works fine on my SID:
> >

> Just in case you end up needing X 4.3, here is the source that I use:
>
> deb http://penguinppc.org/~daniels/sid/i386/ ./

I don't know the status of these packages but X 4.3 is  already in
experimental

deb http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/mirrors/debian/
../project/experimental main

version is 4.3.0-0pre1v3

To get dri working you may need to get the dri packages from cvs and
compile the kernel module. I don't know you specific card, so don't
know. afaik this is needed for ati, don't know the state of support for
other cards.
There are debian packages somwhere near

deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-sid/ ./

try browsing to http://people.debian.org/~daenzer to find the exact
match.
I probably got the last part (dri-sid) wrong, since I got the mach64
version which is under dri-mach64-sid.
You will also need in this case to get the sources for the drm kernel
module as at list in 2.4.21 it was only for X 4.2 and not 4.3, don't
know the status for 2.4.22 but I think the same.

--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il