Re: does debian xfree support my video?

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 07:08:23AM -0600, skippi wrote:
> Greetings all.
>
> I have acquired a new motherboard.  It's an Intel D865GBF.  The onboard video
> controller is Intel Extreme Graphics 2, 82865G Graphics and Memory Controller
> Hub, 865G chipset.  Is this supported under the Xfree that comes with Woody?
> Or am I going to be having to do lots of building from source?  I have found a

have a look at:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/linux/graphics.htm

It says you'll need X 4.3, but it also said this to my i845G VGA,
and yet it works fine on my SID:

charlie@marvin:~$ X -version 2>&1 | grep Version
XFree86 Version 4.2.1.1 (Debian 4.2.1-11 20030829103906 james@nocrew.org) / X Window System
charlie@marvin:~$

charlie@marvin:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82845G/GL [Brookdale-G] Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 01)
charlie@marvin:~$

You may need a newer kernel (2.4.22 works fine for me) to get your
agpgart working. At compiletime set the agpgart and the i8xx drivers to
be compiled in module.

HTH, but do not hesitate to ask, if that's not enough info.

charlie

--
Végh Károly -  System Engineer - UTA - TIS.SAS.BSS
Don't worry. Everything is getting nicely out of control.