Re: Debian Desktop for a Joe Average

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 08:24, BruceG wrote:
> On Thursday 02 October 2003 04:03, Wolfgang Lonien wrote:
> > Edward Murrell wrote:
> > > [Debian as a Windoze replacement]
> >
> > Hi Ed (and Joe of course :-P),
[snip]
> Thanks for the tips. I consider myself Joe Average. I've run Mandrake and SuSE
> - but have had problems getting everything just right in Debian Woody. I also
> have a Knoppix CD - so might just try the Knoppix to hard disk route.
>
> Is there a FAQ on how to change the /etc/apt/sources.list to unstable?

Don't go directly from stable to unstable!!  Too radical

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as
possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."
Brian W. Kernighan