Re: Anyone else notice that Swen is slowing down?

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 08:02, John Hasler wrote:
> Kjetil writes:
> > Scenario: A perl script deleting all the files in the homedir of infected
> > users, spreading to all the contacts that is in user's addressbooks. This
> > would likely include all the homedirs of all the users in an
> > organization...
>
> Unless the admins were sensible and had mounted /home noexec on all company
> machines.

Better would be to run Amanda (or something similar) clients on each
desktop machine, and back up each user's /home each night onto a
central server's tape drive.

> BTW what Linux email software allows users to run executable attachments by
> clicking on them?

None, now.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

After seeing all the viruses, trojan horses, worms and Reply
mails from stupidly-configured anti-virus software that's been
hurled upon the internet for the last 3 years, and the
time/money that is spent protecting against said viruses, trojan
horses & worms, I can only conclude that Microsoft is dangerous
to the internet and American commerce, and it's software should
be banned.