Re: cdrecord gives buffer underrun warnings

Joris Huizer wrote:

cdrecord.mmap: WARNING: This causes a high risk for
buffer underruns.

Can anybody tell me what to do to solve this?
This has to do with you burning as a normal user rather than root. It's possible to configure your way around this issue. See http://www.abo.fi/~jmunsin/gcombust/FAQ.shtml (just one item that a quick google on the subject turns up). Personally, I burn as a normal user in spite of this error message, and don't have any problems (ATA133 HDD, 512MB RAM, Athlon XP 1800+).

John Spray