Re: Redhat user wishing to try Debian - confused.

Hi,

I would DEFINITELY not suggest to use unstable if you're a Debian or
even worse, Linux newbie. It may work 95% of the time but it may also be
either unstable or not work at all after an update. That's why it's
called sid, still in development.

I've been using sid for about a year now and during that time, I had big
big trouble thrice - every time I had to either wait till the bugs are
fixed or try to fix them myself.
Either way, major headache and lots of consumed coffee and cigarettes
are the results.

I would suggest Debian stable (aka Woody) and the Backports of XFree
4.2, KDE3.1.4 or GNome2 and the other software.

Martin