Re: Redhat user wishing to try Debian - confused.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 03:27:45PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alfredo Valles wrote:
> > The advice I always give is to install knoppix to your hard drive,
> > then in 20  minutes you'll have a fully functional debian
> > testing/unstable.

> This is not a good advice. if he wants to upgrade there is only
> unstable as the option and Debian beginners should NOT use unstable.

That is not totally true.  I have installed a few Knoppix
installations and then dist-upgraded to sarge and it is quite usable.
Knoppix is a mixture of packages from stable, testing and unstable.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God,
      believe also in me."          John 14:1