Debian uptime 497 days

I have two Debian severs that were installed on kernel 2.2.x and are now 2.4.17-686-smp.

one has seemed to have been restarted.
09:41:45 up 2 days,  4:26,

in reading http://e-zine.nluug.nl/hold.html?cid=158  the uptime returns to zero after 497 days, 2 hours, 27 minutes and 53 seconds
it states that it is only a kernel 2.2.x bug, but according to http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg49872.html
is it still in the debian kernel.  Has it been, or will it be removed in 2.6 ?

the other system is at 486 days 16 hours 36 minutes, and I expect that it will do the rollover in another 11 days.
is there anything I can do so that the uptime will be retained?

Both systems are running stable and are up to date on patches.
Both are running on ups.

Thanks alot people for whatever assistance you can give.

Kyle Loree
Rendek Communications
Kyle@caisnet.com