Re: can kernel 2.4.21 from testing source be installed without removing 2.4.18 from woody?

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:20:18 +0200, Daniel B. wrote:

> When make-kpkg from kernel-package makes a kernel-image-...deb package,
> which packages(and versions) with that .deb depend on?  Things on my
> system, or versions from sid?

Things from Woody -- at least if you use Woody's kernel-package.

>> You won't have much luck with the prepackaged ones as they indirectly
>> depend on a few things which you absolutely don't want to have on a
>> stable system (such as Sid's libc6).
>
> Are you referring to prebuilt binary versions or also to prepackaged
> versions

I'm referring to the precompiled packages (kernel-image)

> (e.g., a Debian source package from which I build the binary version)?

kernel-source from Sid + kernel-package from Woody gives nice kernels for
Woody.

--
Best Regards,   |   Wer Windows-Rechner ins Internet lässt,
 Sebastian      |   braucht nicht über SWEN stänkern!