Re: can kernel 2.4.21 from testing source be installed without removing 2.4.18 from woody?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 04:10:06 +0200, Daniel B. wrote:

> What's the newest packaged kernel that can be used on woody (without
> removing a stable kernel)?

2.4.22 -- just compile your own. The relevant packages:
kernel-source-2.4.22 (you can pilfer that one from Sid), build-essential,
kernel-package, libncurses (for menuconfig).

You won't have much luck with the prepackaged ones as they indirectly
depend on a few things which you absolutely don't want to have on a stable
system (such as Sid's libc6).

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!