Re: Why such volume with W32/Swen@MM?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 03:54:08PM -0600, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Monday, September 22 at  4:42 pm, Jeff Elkins penned the following:
> >
> >Nor has mine. But my wife does not do listservs or webforums. Nor does
> >she publish her email, as I have at http://www.lewrockwell.com
> >
> >It's a price you pay for being public...
>
> I've heard that using html encoding for the @ symbol on webpages will
> reduce harvesting ... it still shows up properly in mail clients when
> the user clicks on the mailto.
>
> Anyone know if the above is true or wishful thinking?

I have a mailto using a little Javascript that I got here:
  http://innerpeace.org/escrambler.shtml
which works beautifully, though only for people who have JavaScript
enabled on their browser. I have my address published on my website
  http://shorty.ca
both in that script and as obfuscated text, and I didn't get any spam
to this address *at all* for a year and a half.

Then I started posting to debian-user, which somebody is mirroring to a
newsgroup...

So now I've recently installed spamassassin 2.55 as well.

	Cheers!
--