Re: OT: RH and Debian brothers now?

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:19:10PM +1200, cr wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 September 2003 11:03, Paul E Condon wrote:

Hi,

> > I think they would save themselves a lot of head aches if they did move to
> > Debian. This collective support of the RedHat distribution, without selling
> > CDs looks to me like Debian done badly. It will wither away, and the people
> > will drift into the Debian community.
>
> Just so long as RH apply their excellent installer to Debian    ;)
hrhr, well anaconda/kudzu might be quite good but I've no experience
using it on the uhm 10 other arches Debian supports.

Talking about X based installers with hardware detection I would prefer the
installer from Conectiva Linux (the one that is not based on UL).
They're using apt-rpm so a port to the normal Debian apt port should be
relativly easy. But hey it hasn't been done so far so their seems to be no
pressure or need to do it.

> cr
> ... having just recovered from another screaming encounter with dselect.
> If I ever have to face that Debian installer again I'll...  I'll...
well just use tasksel :)

Sven

--
http://www.comboguano.de