Re: radeon opengl help

Mark Roach wrote:
Hi folks, I am trying to understand how to get opengl working on my
compaq evo n1000v laptop with radeon M7 LW (7500) and it seems pretty
confusing. Can someone break it down for me a little bit? Here's what my
current understanding is:

<snip>

Essentially you have 2 choices.

1. Go with all free/oss drivers (dri).

2. Go with the commercial ati linux drivers (some proprietary code).

I've opted for the commercial driver for performance reasons. See http://www2.ati.com/drivers/firegl/readme0325.txt ( I dont see M7 listed, so you may only have one option)

If commercial drivers are undesirable, see http://dri.sf.net/ and check the documentation.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

"The Torah...  The Gospels...  The Koran...
Each claimed as the infallible word of GOD.
Misquoted, misinterpreted, misunderstood, and misapplied.
Maybe that's why he doesn't do any more interviews." - sinfest.net

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc