Re: radeon opengl help

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 02:31:35PM -0400, Mark Roach wrote:
> Hi folks, I am trying to understand how to get opengl working on my
> compaq evo n1000v laptop with radeon M7 LW (7500) and it seems pretty
> confusing. Can someone break it down for me a little bit? Here's what my
> current understanding is:
>
> A kernel module is required, my kernel (2.4.22) includes a radeon
> module, will this do, or do I need one from somewhere else?

Yes the one that comes with the kernel is the kernel module you want.

> I need a recent XFree86, I've got 4.3.0 prev1 from experimental, but I
> keep reading about DRI trunk, and I don't know what I should be using

I have a 7500 AGP in a desktop system so I don't know if this applies,
but strangely enough that one didn't work for me... I use the X from Sid
and GL works just fine, with the one from experimental I got errors
about not being able to resolve some things in ligGLcore.a or something.

This is my advicei:
Try to use normal X from Woody or Sid I've got it to work with both
(using sid right now). But I'm not 100% sure because I've got the AGP
7500 in a desktop not in a laptop.

Make sure all the GL related stuff is being loaded by checking out the
messages that X gives as it's starting up.

Make sure you have this in you X config file (or else I think only root
will have acceleration):
Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection