Re: Debian

gerald simpkin wrote:

I checked to see if I could turn off the html characteristics of the email sent when using free yahoo email. I could not find a configuration tool to send this in plain text so I am sorry in advance about this email. What I am most concerned about is getting help with the Debian problem I described (although it should be noted to send questions in plain text if that is the way you want to get it). I went to the Debian organizations website and it said if a new user (paraphrasing) has a problem to send questions to this email address (did not mention format). I got your message now what about an answer to my question? Is there a site I can go to for this information? Do you know how to solve this problem? If you want Debian to be the Linux flavor for professional programmers then form a private club and remove the manifesto from the website. If you want the Debian flavor to survive then I advise you to consider the masses otherwise it'll be a project of you and a thousand or so programmers.

Since the Debian list has hundreds of messages a day, it's not reasonable to expect list members to keep track of what previous message(s) you may have sent. In this message you ask for an answer to your question, but you don't state your question. I have _no_ idea what your question is.

This is the place to get help with Debian questions, but you should be aware that everyone on this list is a user/volunteer. If you haven't clearly stated the problem (you may or may not have - I have no idea since you give no reference to your "problem"), or if no one knows the answer, or if the only person who knows the answer routinely discards HTML-formatted email, you'll just have to try again. (I see what you mean about finding html-vs-plain configuration in Yahoo Mail; I couldn't find the option either, although my account seems to default to plain text.)

Restate the problem that you are having, and we'll have another go at it.

(BTW, Debian's not really designed for the masses; it's more for the sysadmins who want reliability over warm fuzzies - although lately Debian is getting pretty warmly fuzzy, in my opinion. Thanks Debianites!_

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)