Re: Not-so-strange question about bind

El viernes, 12 de septiembre de 2003, a las 18:57, Stefan Waidele jun. escribe:
> I am not a networking-guru, but I would think that if you would tell us
> what you want to do (not technicaly, but what you want to archive),
> someone might come up with another way to do it.

I will try to "draw the picture".

Let's suppose, I manage an intranet, some boxes in the local IP
address range 192.168.1.0/24. This network is connected to the outside
using a DSL router at 192.168.1.1, and thus, all the boxes in the
intranet, also have internet access. The box at 192.168.1.2 is a PC
running Debian GNU/Linux. I set up bind9 in this machine, and
configure a zone for an intranet domain mydomain.com. Now, all
machines see themselves using hostnames in the mydomain.com domain.

Now, I browse to a registrar, and purchase the domain
mydomain.com. Seen from outside, I want www.mydomain.com to be served
by apache running at my Debian box. I would go to the NAT config on my
DSL router, and connect the port 80 on the DSL interface, to the port
80 on my Debian box. If I could make a second copy of bind9 run in
this machine, i.e. using the port 10053, I could also connect the port
53 on the DSL interface of the router to the port 10053 in my Debian
box. This second copy of bind9 would feature a very simple zone file
for mydomain.com where any *.mydomain.com address would resolve for
the outer world to the external IP address of the DSL router.

Hope this makes sense. I know that the i486 box abandoned in the dark
room, would be enough for a second DNS server, but I'd like to know if
one machine is enough, as I am afraid of dark rooms. ;)

Regards, Ismael
--
"Tout fourmille de commentaries; d'auteurs il en est grande cherté"